What is SIETAR Austria?
SIETAR Austria is a non-profit organization and supported by a Board of Directors working on a voluntary basis. All board members are experts in the intercultural field, or international management area and have been engaged for several years with the relevant questions of the field.
We are passionate about Openness, Curiosity, and Quality, contributing to develop a world with Conscious Intercultural Communication. Additionally, SIETAR Austria is a networking platform, a scientific forum and a facilitator for the intercultural community in Austria and beyond.
Which activities do we provide?
We offer regular events like Culture Talks, workshops, conferences, panel discussions, and obviously publications. Our topics range from intercultural management, international business to communication and cooperation topics in global business. Our Workshops are held from top national and international speakers; therefore, you get insights from experienced colleagues from across the globe.
The worldwide SIETAR network consists of SIETAR Global Connect (founded 1974), SIETAR Europa (founded 1991), more than 30 national as well as regional networks with over 3000 members, along with Young SIETAR, a network for students and young professionals.
SIETAR Austria is an active member of SIETAR Global and SIETAR Europa, the biggest association fostering awareness for intercultural subjects in research, politics, economy and education worldwide. Our members work as consultants, trainers, coaches, researchers, of any kind of topics or work in organisations and public or social services.
We live in a globalized world; cultural diversity has become a fact. SIETAR Austria aims to encourage mutual-adaptation in Intercultural interaction, meaning everyone is valued to the same extent, where difference is recognized for its potential and unity is leverage through inclusion.
We support the research and development of new training methods and tools for education, business and society. We want to promote Consciousness, Respect, and Co-creation through people coming from different cultural backgrounds.
COLLABORATE WITH US TO:
- Highlight the need for increased intercultural awareness in Austria
- Be connected with like-minded specialists all over the world
- Bring your ideas and energy – we can offer space for your creativity
- Share your resources, ideas, research and best practices with experts
- Contribute to the development of the intercultural profession that is dedicated to promoting real understanding among people in Austria
- JOIN US TO:
- Access to the worldwide SIETAR network
- Invitations to conferences, workshops and working groups
- Helping to shape the association
- Reduced fees to worldwide SIETAR events
- E-newsletter with announcements of upcoming events and current information about SIETAR
- Notifications of searches for trainers, job offers, and further education
- The possibility to present your company or your service on our website
Interested in becoming a member of SIETAR Austria? Detailed information can be found by sending an email to [email protected]