Publications & Links
SIETAR Austria Blog Posts @brainworker
- Covarrubias Venegas, Barbara / Lackner, Saskia (2017): “Gender Diversity: Golden Cage or Are We Breaking the Glass Ceiling?”. Available in German here.
- Covarrubias Venegas, Barbara / Lackner, Saskia (2017): Knowledge Management and Culture – Know how to boost the effectiveness of diverse teams. Available in German here.
SIETAR Austria @HRWeb
- Pulsations to Cultural Intelligence: Contribution series by Barbara Covarrubias Venegas (president SIETAR Austria) and Andrej Juriga (managing director of Cultural Bridge / Slovakia and member of SIETAR Austria) on www.hrweb.at, all contributions to Cultural Intelligence can be found online here.
- Saskia Lackner & Barbara Covarrubias Venegas: Intercultural Competence Among Neighbors – Is That Necessary? Fine differences between D & Ö. Read the HRWeb article here.
- Event Report: Milton Bennett spoke in Vienna: “Updates to the DMIS, Making the Theory more Coherent and the Practice more powerful”. More information on HRWeb.
SIETAR Austria Print Publications
- Barbara Covarrubias Venegas (now former president SIETAR Austria) chaired the academic committee for the SIETAR Europa Congress 2017 and is the editor of the SIETAR Europa/IACCM Congress Publication 2017. Further editors: Marie-Therese Claes (Louvain School of Management) and Pari Namazie (SIETAR Europa). This publication includes the congress papers and posters of the academic track. Over 400 delegates attended the congress and many countries were represented, with people coming from all parts of the world.
- Barbara Covarrubias Venegas (now former president SIETAR Austria), together with Gerhard Fink and Wolfgang Mayrhofer (WU Wien) chaired the academic committee for the IACCM2015 Conference and edited the IACCM Conference Publication. This publication includes all the conference papers and doctoral posters of the conference, with over 100 delegates from over 30 countries.
- Saskia Lackner (SIETAR Austria) and Magdalena Berecki-Pernkopf presented a practitioner paper at the IACCM2015 Conference entitled: “Diversophy Austria: An interactive training tool on Austrian culture”
- Barbara Covarrubias Venegas is member of the reviewer committee for the SIETAR Argentina conference “El poder de la interculturalidad: enfrentando desafíos en un mundo diverso” to be held in Buenos Aires in September 2015. More information on the conference can be found here!
- Barbara Covarrubias Venegas (now former president SIETAR Austria) chaired the academic committee for the SIETAR Europa Congress 2015 and is the editor of the SIETAR Europa Congress Publication 2015. Further editors: Merlinda Dalipi (Humboldt University Berlin/Germany) and Fidel León Garcia (University of Valencia/Spain). This publication includes the congress papers and posters of the academic track. Over 330 delegates attended the congress and many countries were represented, with people coming from all parts of Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia.
- Barbara Covarrubias Venegas & Pari Namazie presented an academic paper at the SIETAR Europa Congress 2015 entitled: “Culture and HRM in the Middle East: Building a theoretical foundation.” The presentation can be downloaded here!
- Saskia Lackner & Margret Steixner conducted a workshop at the SIETAR Europa Congress 2015 entitled “Tell us your story! Biographical Storytelling as an intercultural learning experience?” The presentation can be downloaded here!
- Book chapter “Intercultural Stumbling Blocks in the Project Start Workshop” by Barbara Covarrubias Venegas (president SIETAR Austria) and Iris Kollinger-Santer (WUVIA) in the anthology “Managing Global Projects”. Ed .: Andreas Nachbagauer, Gerhard Ortner, ISBN 978-3-86329-671-1, Symposion Publishing, 1st edition, 2015. More information and reading samples here!
- Intercultural stumbling blocks. How intercultural differences can influence the project’s success already during the project workshop. Barbara Covarrubias Venegas (SIETAR Austria) and Iris Kollinger-Santer (BMWF, WU Vienna) on intercultural competence as the key to successful international relations (Magazin Training 5/2015).
- May 2015: Barbara Covarrubias Venegas (now former president SIETAR Austria) and Iris Kollinger-Santer (WU Wien) presented a paper entitled “Project Start Processes in Intercultural Teams. Hurdles, Obstacles and Stumbling Blocks on the Way to Success” at the Cross-Cultural Business Conference 2015 in Steyr/Upper Austria.
- “Talking is Silver, Intercultural Competence is Gold”. Barbara Covarrubias Venegas and Saskia Lackner on Intercultural Competence as the key to successful international Relations (Magazin Training 05/2014). The article can be accessed here.
- Alexander Thomas and Saskia Lackner (2013): Professional in Austria: A training program for managers, specialists and executives (Ability to act abroad), more information here!
Other intercultural publications SIETAR
SIETAR Europe Journals: Download latest SIETAR Europe newsletter (PDF format): http://www.sietareu.org/publications/journals
Intercultural Studies: http://www.interculture-journal.com/index.php/icj
The Mondial Journal (formerly SIETAR Journal) has been the leading journal for intercultural questions in theory and practice for years in the German-speaking publication landscape: https://www.mondial-journal.de/leseproben/mondial_2021_Leseprobe.pdf
The e-journal “Wirtschaftsdialoge” is the virtual megaphone of the Wirtschafts-Arbeitskreis (WAK) of SIETAR Germany and it can be accessed here.