INTEGRATION COACHING for highly qualified migrants
Integration coaching for highly skilled migrants
There are a significant number of highly skilled migrants living in Carinthia, all of whom are potential employees for the Carinthian labour market.
The project ‘Integration coaching for highly skilled migrants’ aims to help these migrants increase their chances of successfully integrating into both the labour market and Austrian society, by focusing on the following areas:
• German in preparation for the B1 Integration Examination
• German in preparation for the language examination C1
• Finding your career vision
• Intercultural competence development in the European, and especially the Austrian, context.
• Individual coaching on any of the above-mentioned fields
Project start: 19. October 2020
End of project: 28. November 2020
Project team: SIETAR Austria team in cooperation with the degree program Intercultural Management, the year of 2018, Carinthia University of Applied Sciences.
Ask one of the several clubs if they‘re interested in having more members!
Integration through sport
Sport connects people – it is an easy way to get closer to the locals. The most popular sports in Austria are swimming, running, hiking, biking and skiing. If you prefer team sports, football and ice hockey are the most common ones in Austria
Carinthia’s events and festivals calendar
Another wonderful opportunity to socialize with locals is to attend events and festivals. It helps to strengthen the bond between co-workers, friends and acquaintances and to meet new people.
Language and Integration
Speaking German proficiently is important in order to integrate successfully into Austrian society. The Austrian Integration Funds website states that third-country nationals, who want to receive a permanent residence title, have to learn German within two years of entering Austria, the principles of democratic structure and the related values of the legal system and social system (www.integrationsfonds.at).
Please find here a list of useful links with information, material and exercises to help you prepare for the necessary Integration Exams.
Carinthia, a great place to live! Did you know that Carinthia…
… is at the heart of the AlpsAdriatic region and is the meeting place of three cultures, three languages and many different mentalities?
… has an extremely rich literary history, being home to world-famous writers such as Robert Musil, Ingeborg Bachmann and the Nobel Laureate, Peter Handke?
… has some 200 lakes?
… is a high-tech region with a multitude of innovative start-ups, businesses and industries?
… hosts several renowned international sporting events, notably the Iron Man triathlon?
Six steps to finding and living your career vision
- Find your WHY, what motivates and drives you!
- Write down all your talents and skills!
- Dream big and create your vision!
- Plan what you need in order to realize your vision and which steps you have to take!
- Search for a mentor to help you find your feet in the chosen field and establish a network!
- Then start! Step by step!